Today, Xiaomi launched a new smartphone targeting female users. Also, it’s an ideal selfie-centric smartphone with the strongest front-facing camera in the company’s history. If you guess, we are talking about the Xiaomi Civi 2, which comes in four colorways – blue, pink, black, and a special version jointly made with Hello Kitty.
Design and Hardware
The Xiaomi Civi 2 adopts the beautiful appearance of the previous generation. At the same time, it is too slim at 7.23mm and too lightweight at 171.8g.
Our protagonist carries a 6.55-inch 2400×1080 OLED hyperbolic 58° flexible screen on the front. The latter supports 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, peak brightness of 800nits, 10bit color depth, and 1920Hz high-frequency PWM dimming.
Inside, it hosts the Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 processor. This chip inherits many parameters from the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. Thus, it is capable of providing quite good performance. But for such a performance, the phone also needs a good cooling system. In this regard, the Xiaomi Civi 2 has a custom stainless steel VC liquid cooling. The 4500mAh high-density lithium cobalt oxide battery supports 67W fast charging. As a result, it can be fully charged in 40 minutes.
On the rear, the Xiaomi Civi 2 has a 50MP main camera (Sony IMX766) + 20MP ultra-wide-angle (Sony IMX376K) + 2MP (Geke Micro GC02M1) macro camera.
Xiaomi Civi 2 Front Camera
Well, all the features mentioned above are good enough, but they are not the selling points of this handset. The Xiaomi Civi 2 comes with two main front-mounted camera lenses. Both have a 32MP resolution. But the first sensor has an f/2.0 aperture, while the second one is a 100° ultra-wide-angle lens. Apart from this, the frame has multi-color temperatures and four soft lights.
Two sensors make the phone support “bionic eyes” and “ultra-clear eyes.” The former feature allows the phone to imitate the distance measurement of the human eye and achieve delicate gradual blurring of space; the latter can obtain up to 256 layers of depth information to easily outline the visual focus.
As for the micro-slit multi-color temperature, four-soft lights support three color temperatures (4300K natural light, 5200-5300K cold light, 3300-3600K warm light) as well as five ambient light effects.
Such powerful hardware also allows the Xiaomi Civi 2 to support several advanced technologies. They include:
- Star-level retouching: This is a pixel-level skin rejuvenation technology (its third generation), which has been trained with millions of data and can deal with six major skin problems.
- Dual beauty styles: The company has added a new “texture style” with three-dimensional tones and rich details.
- Boys texture beauty: specially adjusted for boys.
- AI gender recognition: support multi-person group photos to distinguish beauty.
- The proportion of the golden face: this feature makes a face display in its actual size when taking videos via the front camera.
- 3D fine video beautification: it works with 316 facial dots to make accurate effects.
- There are tons of features for vloggers.
Price and Availability
The Xiaomi Civi 2 is already available for purchase.
- 8GB + 128GB: 2399 yuan ($334)
- 8GB + 256GB: 2499 yuan ($348)
- 12GB + 256GB: 2799 yuan ($390)