In May, OnePlus initially started testing Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 on its latest flagship smartphone, the OnePlus 10 Pro. And after four months of testing, the release of a stable update begins.
At the time of writing, OnePlus has not officially confirmed the release, instead, some OnePlus 10 Pro users have received a stable build. The update is available for Indian users as the software version NE2211_11_C.19 weighs a whopping 4.61GB. While the incremental build for testers weighs around 950MB.
OnePlus 10 pro stable update to Android 13-based OxygenOS 13
The best part is that OnePlus has pushed the update to all three regions simultaneously, yes, some users have reported that the update is also available in North America (NA) and Europe regions. So if you have a OnePlus 10 Pro, your phone will soon receive its first major software update.
Moving on to features and changes, the release notes then confirm the addition of Aquamorphic design elements to the OS, a new home screen world time widget, an update to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, the ability to create large folders on the home screen, optimization of media playback controls for quick setup, new widgets for screenshot editing, a sidebar for managing applications in floating windows, a number of optimizations for always-on display, HyperBoost GPA 4.0 for better gaming performance and more.
What’s new from OxygenOS 13/Android 13 on OnePlus 10 Pro
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors to enhance visual comfort.
- It applies the aquamorphic design philosophy to the animation to make it natural and alive.
- Adds a world time widget to your home screen that displays the time in different time zones.
- It applies real physical motion to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- It enriches and streamlines illustrations for elements including multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Upgrade to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0 with a new behavior recognition feature that recognizes complex gestures and provides a more efficient experience.
- Adds media playback controls and optimizes quick settings.
- Adds additional markup tools for editing screenshots.
- Adds a SidebarToolbox. In applications, you can open floating windows for smooth use.
- It adds a meeting assistant that improves meeting connectivity and introduces the ability to make notifications smoother and less intrusive.
- Adds large folders to the home screen. You can now open an app in a magnified folder with a single tap and browse pages in the folder.
- Optimizes the shelf. By default, swiping down on the home screen will open the shelf. You can search for content on the web and on your device.
- Optimized headphone connection for more comfortable use.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes the understanding of Always-On Display with more personalized Always-On Display settings.
- Optimized Canvas Always-On display with additional drawing tools and line colors available.
Security and privacy
- Adds periodic deletion of clipboard data to protect privacy.
- Optimizes personal safe. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files to improve the security of personal files.
- Adds auto-pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names on the chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
Health and digital well-being
- Adds Kid Space, provides screen timeout reminder and eye protection features.
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve system speed, stability, battery life, and application experience.
- Optimizes Dolby sound effects with improved spatial sound field perception and a more accurate sound source.
- Upgrade to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize frame rates and balance performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
Now, if you have a OnePlus 10 Pro and want to upgrade to the new software, you can go to the software updates settings and check if the new update is available. If the update is not available yet, you can wait a few days. OnePlus usually releases major updates gradually.
Do not forget to follow us on our Facebook and Twitter to keep you always aware of the latest advances, News, Updates, review, and giveaway on smartphones, tablets, gadgets, and more from the technology world of the future.