This week, Fossil and Razer have confirmed that they were planning a smartwatch, which is an optically modified Razer version of the original Fossil Gen 6. And now this upcoming Razer x Fossil Gen 6 smartwatch is already listed on GameStop.com.
This information was shared by Mishaal Rahman via his Twitter account and he also mocked that the model was “only” equipped with Wear OS 2.0. One should not forget: The Gen 6 is compatible with Google’s new system update Wear OS 3, which was announced at the beginning of the year.
— Mishaal Rahman (@MishaalRahman) January 3, 2022
The system update Wear OS 3 will be activated in 2022. Other updates will also be available to further enhance the user experience. It will be no different with the Razer x Fossil Gen 6.
Features according to the shop listing:
- The always-on display is now brighter and with more colors. Thousands of watch faces to personalize the look and always see the time. Hundreds of apps from assistants to fitness, payments, music, social, news, games, stopwatches, and more. With a 3 ATM design and charging time of around half an hour, it’s perfect for all of your activities.
- Automatically tracks activity goals, steps, sleep, heart rate, cardio levels, SPO2 (blood oxygen), and more. Activity modes with GPS ensure that you keep an eye on your route and your path. Advanced sensors provide the data for all of your health and fitness apps.
- Stay connected with notifications for calls, SMS, and apps as well as automatic synchronization of time, time zone, and calendar. Never miss a call – take calls right on your watch when your phone is out of range. Optimize your battery life with the new, simplified Smart Battery Modes.
- 24 hours + multi-day battery life in extended mode ** Varies depending on usage and after installing updates **. The USB data cable with a magnetic dock can be attached to the split rings on the bottom of the case and rotated 360 degrees for easy use. About 30 minutes to reach 80% charge.
- Wear OS by Google works with phones running the latest version of Android (except Go Edition and phones without the Google Play Store) or iOS. Features supported may vary by platform and country, and compatibility may change.
- Black stainless steel case, black silicone strap, neon green silicone strap, 22mm wide strap
Recall, the 6th generation of Fossil was introduced in late summer and there was also a remake for Michael Kors. Other Fossil brands have so far received nothing and Diesel has announced that the smartwatch has even been discontinued.
Coming Soon. https://t.co/ggjwJNDYIg
— Min-Liang Tan (@minliangtan) January 4, 2022
The partnership with Razer remains in place and it can be assumed that the Fossil and Razer smartwatch will be presented at CES. It is unclear whether she will come to Paris, but we will keep you up to date here.