Following the global announcement of the OnePlus 8T and as rumoured, OnePlus CEO Pete Lau today unveiled the brand new Cyberpunk Limited Edition of the OnePlus 8T.
The device will be available for sales on November 4 and the terms of agreement only allows OnePlus to use copyrights in Mainland China. This new limited edition is similar to what the brand did in India with a Star Wars limited edition, which was strictly available in India back then.
Besides, the release of the 8T shows the new strategic road of OnePlus: a premium option for affordable phones. The 8T boasts some of the top specs of 2020 – fast charging, bigger battery, 120Hz display – with some minor low points when it comes to overall camera performance and wireless charging. As YouTube star MKBHD stated in his review video, “it looks like a $1,000 US phone, but it is not exactly a $1,000 phone”.
Some of the highlighted new specs are as follows:
- Warp Charge 65 – from 0 to 100 in just 39 minutes
- 120Hz Fluid AMOLED Display – A new flat display design which helps reduce the thickness of the device
- No changes when it comes to performance, with the leading Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 865 and UFS 3.1 Storage. However, RAM stays with LPDDR4X.
- Advanced Quad-Camera System – still using the IMX586 Sensor but with a new macro and ultra wide lenses.
- New colors: Aquamarine Blue and Lunar Silver.
- Attractive pricing: starting at 599 EUR in European Union for 8GB+128GB / 699 EUR for 12GB+256GB while North America only get US$749.
We are planning to publish an in-depth review of the OnePlus 8T. Stay tuned.